Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Harry Potter censorship row

I just read a dilemma on nation states. Which option would you choose? Write me a comment if you will.
The Issue
The latest "Harry Potter" book to hit schools across Durrrguffy has stirred up the greatest controversy yet.
The Debate
  1. "I quite enjoyed the book, until I got to the part where Harry summons evil demons to do his bidding," says religious leader Billy Falopian. "Now that's just wrong. We need to restore some sense to this debate, by which I mean we should remove this book from the shelves, salt it thoroughly, and burn it."


  2. Teachers union President Zeke Frederickson says, "Come on, the book is fantasy! And it's a damn good read. I'd like the government to issue a statement of support for our teachers and librarians, so kids can enjoy good books without interference from religious wackos, like Christians."
The Government Position
The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 2.
If you wish, you may:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind.